Why do we age? How is the brain of an 18-year-old different from the brain of an 81-year-old? What can you do to stay fit and mentally sharp as you grow older?
In recognition of Healthy Aging month, join us for a weekend of special activities September 21-22, 2013 celebrating opportunities for staying healthy at any age. Aging isn’t just for the old—people of all ages will learn something new with our interactive exhibits and hands-on activities!
- Learn why we age and see how our bodies and brains change throughout life.
- Take our digital avatar AGNES for a spin to experience for yourself the physical and sensory changes that occur during aging.
- Put your memory to the test and learn fun techniques to sharpen your short-term memory.
- Consider how the demographics of an aging population affect society.
- Get in the driver’s seat of our driving simulator and see how aging affects attention and responsiveness.
- Learn healthy eating tips & tricks to keep your body and mind fit throughout life.
- Share your views on wisdom, memory, and the future.
Special Healthy Aging activities will be held from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, September 21-22 and are included with regular museum admission ($7 adults, $4 students and active military). No advance ticket purchase required.