The museum is unavailable through May. We are currently scheduling events beginning June 1, 2015. If you would like to host an event after that time, please complete the facility use request form.
The Koshland Science Museum provides the perfect venue for hosting a special reception or intimate dinner in Washington, D.C.
Centrally located in downtown Washington, D.C., the Koshland Science Museum is just a few blocks from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, the National Mall, the Verizon Center, and Union Station. The museum is available by reservation for receptions for up to 150 guests and seated dinners for up to 100 guests.
Use of the museum includes:
- Exclusive access to the entire museum
- Event set-up and break-down
- Staffing and maintenance
- Audio-visual equipment and support
A dedicated in-house caterer is available to work with you on all of your food and beverage needs.
NOTE: The museum cannot be used for fundraising, commercial, or promotional events. Use of the Koshland Science Museum by outside groups is subject to availability and approval, and is at the sole discretion of the museum.
This section details the fees associated with use of the Koshland Science Museum, as well as requirements associated with marketing materials, catering, and use restrictions.
|Event Length||Cost for Non-Profit Entities||Cost for For-Profit Entities|
A deposit is due 30 days in advance of the event. The remaining balance is due 14 days in advance.
Requests received less than 14 days prior to the event will not be accepted.
Marketing: All copies of draft announcements, invitations, and publications related to the event must be provided to the museum prior to their printing and distribution and are subject to museum approval.
Catering: Catering should be arranged with the National Academies' in-house caterer, Sodexo. Please see the catering section for more details and sample menus.
Restrictions: The Koshland Science Museum cannot be used for the following purposes:
- Meetings, programs, or performances sponsored or conducted by any organization, individual, or activity that practices or advocates discrimination based on race, creed, color, or sex.
- Meetings or activities having partisan political, sectarian, or similar nature or purposes.
- Meetings or activities for the purposes of advocating or influencing action on legislation.
- Meetings or activities for the promotion of products or services or otherwise serving profit-making purposes.
- Meetings or activities of trade associations and groups whose principal purpose is representation and services to members.
- Meetings or activities for fundraising purposes.
- Musical and cultural performing groups except those sponsored by Cultural Programs of the National Academy of Sciences.
Please Note: This is NOT a contractual agreement. Contracts will be sent after event request has been approved. Until then, all commitments remain pending.
Once your event has been approved, museum staff will schedule a walk-through and send a detailed floor plan.
The National Academies’ in-house caterer provides food ranging from displayed hors d’oeuvres to four-course seated meals.
The museum is unavailable through May. We are currently scheduling events beginning June 1, 2015. If you would like to host an event after that time, please complete the facility use request form below.
Please use the Facility Use Request Form for all inquiries about reserving the museum for your event. Required fields are starred.
If you prefer, you can print a PDF version of this form to submit via fax.