At this time we cannot accept group visit requests for any date after November 22, 2017.
If you have any questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This group experience includes a brief welcome and introduction to the museum by staff or volunteers and allows you to explore the museum at your own pace. You can request worksheets to help guide your tour and exploration of the exhibits on the Group Visit Request Form. The museum will confirm availability in an email after your request has been received.
Costs and Payment Options
Group admission rates are $5 for adults and $3 for students and active military. Chaperones, teachers, and tour operators will receive one (1) free admission per every ten (10) visitors.
The Koshland Science Museum is pleased to waive admission for 5th-12th grade classes from the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. Please be sure to carefully review the Overview for Teachers.
- The museum accepts credit cards or checks for group visits only.
- Payment must be received in full 14 days prior to your visit to maintain the reservation.
- A tentative hold will be placed on your desired reservation date and time until payment is received. Reservations are not considered final until the museum has confirmed receipt of payment.
- Once your payment has been received, your group reservation will be confirmed by email.
PoliciesThis section details all policies related to group visit basics, facility use, payment, changes in group size, and group cancellations.
The museum asks that visitors do not consume food or beverages or chew gum. The museum is a smoke-free facility.
Changes in Group Size:
14 days or more prior to visit:
- If the number of paid visitors in your group has decreased, you will be refunded the difference.
- If the final count is higher than confirmed, payment is required within two (2) business days of requesting space for more participants. Your reservation will then be updated by museum staff to guarantee admission for all pre-paid participants.
- If your group arrives with more visitors than your final count, and capacity permits, payment for the additional group members is required in full onsite.
- If your group arrives with fewer visitors than your count, you are not eligible for a refund.
Please indicate any specific areas of interest or requests on the Group Visit Request Form.
All groups should review the following arrival instructions before their visit:
- Groups should use the museum’s main entrance at 525 E Street, NW. Group leaders should bring their confirmation notice to expedite check-in.
- All group members should enter the museum lobby at the scheduled arrival time.
- If arriving by bus or motor coach, visitors should leave bags and backpacks on the bus due to limited storage at the museum. The museum cannot be held liable for lost items.
Buses can drop off and pick up visitors on E Street, NW. Bus parking is available at Union Station or the Verizon Center. For more information on tour bus parking, visit www.ddot.dc.gov.
Overview for Teachers
A visit to the Koshland Science Museum can also be part of a much broader learning experience, taking advantage of numerous nearby museums and resources. The Koshland Science Museum is conveniently located in downtown Washington, D.C., in the Penn Quarter neighborhood, with easy access to Metrorail, bike services, and bus drop-off points. Ask for more information as part of your reservation request.
Finalize all arrangements with your school district and parents.
At least two (2) weeks prior to your field trip, please finalize all arrangements with your school district, send out field trip permission forms to parents or guardians, and arrange for chaperones.
Prepare your students for their visit to the museum.
The Koshland Science Museum has found that the most successful field trips occur when students have been prepared for their visit. Please review the Rules of the Road for School Field Trips carefully with your students and chaperones prior to your visit and contact the museum at 202-334-1201 with questions or concerns.